- Gould, G.K., M.L. Liu, M.E. Barber, K.A. Cherkauer, P.R. Robichaud, and J.C. Adam, 2016. The effects of climate change and extreme wildfire events on runoff erosion over a mountain watershed in the western U.S., J. Hydrology, doi: 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2016.02.025. (NIFA Support Acknowledged: yes)
- Reed, D.C., and J.A. Harrison (2016) Linking nutrient loading and oxygen in the global coastal ocean: a modelling analysis, Global Biogeochemical Cycles. 30, doi:10.1002/2015GB005303. (NIFA Support Acknowledged: no)
- Allen, E. and J.C. Stephens. 2015. Enhancing Usability of Climate Information and Models through Stakeholder Engagement, in Information, Models, and Sustainability: Policy Informatics in the Age of Big Data and Open Government Public Administration and Information Technology. Editors: Zhang J, Luna-Reyes LF, Pardo TA, Sayogo DS. Springer, New York, NY.
- Allen, E., W. Forney, Harrison, J., C. Kruger, B. Saari, J. Stephens & G. Yorgey. 2015. BioEarth Water Quality Stakeholder Advisory Workshop Synthesis Report. Washington State University.
- Bellmore, R.A., J.A. Harrison, J.A. Needoba, E. Brooks, and C.K. Keller, (2015) Hydrologic control of dissolved organic carbon and nitrogen and dissolved organic matter quality in a semi-arid artificially drained agricultural catchment, Water Resources Research. 51, 8146¿8164, 10.1002/2015WR016884. (NIFA Support Acknowledged: no)
- Clark, M.P., Y. Fan, D.M. Lawrence, J.C. Adam, D. Bolster, M. Kumar, L.R. Leung, D. Scott Mackay, C. Shen, S.C. Swenson, X. Seng, et al, 2015. Improving the representation of hydrologic processes in Earth System Models, Water Resources Research, doi: 10.1002/2015WR017096. (NIFA Support Acknowledged: no)
- Deemer, B.R., S.M. Henderson, and J.A. Harrison, (2015) Chemical mixing in the bottom boundary layer of a eutrophic reservoir: the effects of internal seiching on nitrogen dynamics, Limnology and Oceanography, 1-24, doi: 10.1002/lno.10125. (NIFA Support Acknowledged: no)
- Kruger, C.E., J.C. Adam, and G. Yorgey, 2015. Forecasting water supply and demand for the Columbia River basin, Irrigation Leader Magazine 6: 18-19.
- Lienard, J., J.A. Harrison, and N. Strigul, (2016) U.S. forest response to projected climate-related stress: a "tolerance" perspective, Global Change Biology. doi:10.1111/gcb.13291. (NIFA Support Acknowledged: no)
- Reyes, J.J., J. Schellberg, S. Siebert, M. Elsaesser, J.C. Adam, and F. Ewert, 2015. Refining estimates of nitrogen uptake in grasslands: Application of the nitrogen dilution curve, Agronomy for Sustainable Development, doi 10.1007/s13593-015-0321-2.
- Adam, J.C., J.C. Stephens, S.H. Chung, M.P. Brady, R.D. Evans, C.E. Kruger, B.K. Lamb, M.L. Liu, C.O. Stöckle, J.K. Vaughan, K. Rajagopalan, J.A. Harrison, C.L. Tague, A. Kalyanaraman, Y. Chen, A. Guenther, F.Y. Leung, L.R. Leung, A.B. Perleberg, J. Yoder, E. Allen, S. Anderson, B. Chandrasekharan, K. Malek, T. Mullis, C. Miller, T. Nergui, J. Poinsatte, J. Reyes, J. Zhu, J.S. Choate, X. Jiang, R. Nelson, J.H. Yoon, G.G. Yorgey, K. Johnson, K.J. Chinnayakanahalli, A.F. Hamlet, B. Nijssen, and V. Walden, 2014. BioEarth: Envisioning and developing a new regional earth system model to inform natural and agricultural resource management, Climatic Change, DOI 10.1007/s10584-014-1115-2.
- Allen, E., Kruger, C., Stephens, J. and Yorgey, G. 2014. BioEarth Atmospheric
Issues Stakeholder Advisory Workshop Synthesis Report. Washington State University.
- Allen, E., Kruger, C., Stephens, J. and Yorgey, G. 2014. BioEarth Forest Management Stakeholder Advisory Workshop Synthesis Report. Washington State University.
- Allen, E., Kruger, C., Stephens, J. and Yorgey, G. 2014. BioEarth Rangeland
Management Stakeholder Advisory Workshop Synthesis Report. Washington State University.
- Liu, M., K. Rajagopalan, S. H. Chung, X. Jiang, J. Harrison, T. Nergui, A. Guenther, C. Miller, J. Reyes, C. Tague, J. Choate, E. P. Salathé, C. O. Stöckle, and J. C. Adam, (2014) What is the importance of climate model bias when projecting the impacts of climate change on land surface processes?, Biogeosciences, 11, 2601-2622.
- McCrackin, M., J.A. Harrison, and J.E. Compton, (2014) Factors influencing seasonal export of dissolved inorganic nitrogen by major rivers, Global Biogeochemical Cycles, DOI: 10.1002/2013GB004723.
- McCrackin, M., J.A. Harrison, and J.E. Compton, (2014) Future riverine nitrogen export to US coastal regions: prospects for improving water quality amid future population growth, Journal of Environmental Quality, 10.2134/jeq2014.02.0081.
- Stöckle, C.O., A.R. Kemanian, R.L. Nelson, J.C. Adam, R. Sommer, B. Carlson, 2014. CropSyst model evolution: From field to regional to global scales and from research to decision support systems, Environmental Modeling and Software, 62, 361-369.
- Allen, E., Kruger, C., Leung, F.Y., & Stephens, J. C., 2013. Diverse Perceptions of Stakeholder Engagement within an Environmental Modeling Research Team. Journal of Environmental Studies and Science. DOI 10.1007/s13412-013-0136-x.
- Allen, E., Kruger, C., Leung, F., Stephens, J. and Yorgey, G. (2013). BioEarth Stakeholder Advisory Workshops Synthesis Report. Washington State University. [appendix]
- Anderson, S.M. (2013), Opinion Response to NextGenVOICES, Science, 340(6128), 28¿30, doi:10.1126/science.340.6128.28, online only
- Barber, M.E., J.C. Adam, M. Brady, K. Chinnayakanahalli, K. Rajagopalan, S. Dinesh, C. Kruger, C. Stockle, and G. Yorgey, Global Change Implications on Long-Term Water Supply and Demand Forecasts in the Columbia River Basin, WIT Transactions on Ecology and the Environment 2012, 168:77-86.
- Brady, Michael and Jon Yoder. (2013) "Understanding the Relationship Between Water Price, Value, and Cost". Washington State University Extension Fact Sheet, FS110E.
- Liu, M., J.C. Adam, A.F. Hamlet (2013) Spatial-temporal variations of evapotranspiration and runoff/precipitation ratios responding to the changing climate in the Pacific Northwest during 1921-2006, Journal of Geophysical Research - Atmosphere, 118(2), 380-394.
- Liu, M., K. Rajagopalan, S.H. Chung, X. Jiang., J. Harrison, T. Nergui, A. Guenther, C. Miller, J. Reyes, C.L. Tague, J. Choate, E.P. Salathe, C.O. Stockle, J.C. Adam, 2013, Does climate model bias matter when projecting the impacts of climate change on land surface processes?, Biogeosciences Discuss., 10, 17145-17192, doi:10.5194/bgd-10-17145-2013.
- McCrackin, M., J.A. Harrison, and J.E. Compton, (2013) A comparison of NEWS and SPARROW models to understand sources of nitrogen delivered to US coastal Areas, Biogeochemistry, doi:10.1007/s10533-012-9809-x.
- Miller, M., Anderson, M., Francis, C., Kruger, C.E., Barford, C., Park, J., and McCown, B., (2013). Critical Research Needs for Successful Food Systems Adaptation to Climate Change. Journal of Agriculture, Food Systems and Community Development.
- Sobota D.J., J.E. Compton, and J.A. Harrison (2013) Reactive nitrogen in the United States: How certain are we about sources and fluxes? Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment. doi:10.1890/110216.
- Baron, J.S., E.K. Hall, B.T. Nolan, J.C. Finlay, E. Bernhardt, J.A. Harrison, F. Chan, and E.W. Boyer, (2012) The interactive effects of human-derived nitrogen loading and climate change on aquatic ecosystems of the United States, Biogeochemistry. DOI 10.1007/s10533-012-9788-y.
- Davidson, E.A., M.B. David, J.N. Galloway, C.L. Goodale, R. Haeuber, J.A. Harrison, R.W. Howarth, D. Jaynes, R. Lowrance, B.T. Nolan, J.L. Peel, R. Pinder, E. Porter, C.S. Snyder, A.R. Townsend, M.H. Ward, P. Whitney (2012), Minimizing Releases and Impacts of Excess Nitrogen in the Environment, Issues in Ecology. 15:1-16.
- Deemer, B., K.E. Goodwin, K. Birchfield, K. Dallavis, J. Emerson, D. Freeman, E. Henry, T. Lee, L. Wynn, and J.A. Harrison (2012) Elevated nitrogen and phosphorus concentrations in urbanizing southwest Washington streams. Northwest Science. 86(4):237-247. Written with graduate students in Watershed Biogeochemistry course
- Guenther, A.B., Jiang, X., CL. Heald, T. Sakulyanontvittaya, T. Duhl, L.K. Emmons, and X. Wang, 2012: The model of emissions of gases and aerosols from nature, version 2.1 (MEGAN2.1): an extended and updated framework for modeling biogenic emissions. (Geoscience Model Development), 5, 1471–1492.
- Harrison, J.A., P. Frings, A.H.W. Beusen, D.J. Conley, and M.L. McCrackin (2012) Global importance, patterns, and controls of dissolved silica retention in lakes and reservoirs, Global Biogeochemical Cycles, doi:10.1029/2011GB004228.